10.30.2007

To Dos Day

___ Item 1: CHECK OUT...
...The Supporting Actress Stock Shortage, Nathaniel's totally nifty work up of this year's Supporting Actress category on The Film Experience. StinkyLulu was pleased to contribute to the list of categories (StinkyLulu's got at least 10 categories, but Nathaniel distilled it to the biggies). It's a great post, not to be missed!

___ Item 2: WORK ON YOUR OFRENDA...
...para Dia de los Muertos, perhaps the most poignant jubilance of the year. The Stinkys'll be placing an ofrenda for MrStinky's Brother, Carlitos, and PapaStinky here. (And check out the tres tres Hollywood Mel Blanc ofrenda noted by FagYerIt. ) Blessings para todos...

___ Item 3: CLEAR YOUR CALENDAR...
...quit your day job, hire an assistant, but do what's necessary to make room for the many upcoming blogathons, including the Bob Fosse Blogathon on November 10th and The Queer Film Blogathon on November 19th...

___ Item 4: DIDJA HEAR...
...about the new gay clone? (via Towleroad and The Stranger)

___ Item 5: HINT-HINT...
...Did you catch the clue for November's Supporting Actress Sundays? Criticlasm decoded it last week but, for those of you who missed it, we'll be transporting to 1955 starting this Sunday...

___ Item 6: SAVE THE DATE...
...for the 2nd Annual Supporting Actress Blogathon on January 6, 2008. I'll be making the formal announcement next week, but I'm working on the "Class of 2007" Poster (ala last year's) in which I feature 18 contenders for the Supporting Actress trophy. I've got eight candidates tagged, but I need ten more. That's where you come in, lovely reader. Who do you think is in this year's running? Add your favorites to the list in comments. And, in the meantime, start plotting your blogathon entry/ies today...



Have at it, lovelies...


5 comments:

J.D. said...

Well, my by-far favorite so far is Juliette Binoche in Breaking & Entering, but she was on last year's collage (I have very lax rules). But some of my other faves include Imelda Staunton, Evanna Lynch, Marley Shelton, and AnnaSophia Robb (for The Reaping; Shut up!).

I've been missing out on actual awards contenders thus far.

Keith said...

Some of my possible supporting actress contenders this year (none of whom I expect to actually be nominated, and some of whom may well be bumped as the Big Oscar Movies open): Taraji P. Henson, Talk to Me; Anna Kendrick, Rocket Science; Melissa McCarthy, The Nines; Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone; Sigourney Weaver, The TV Set.

Dame James said...

My Top 5 Right Now:
Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone
Michelle Pfeiffer, Hairspray
Tilda Swinton, Michael Clayton
Marcia Gay Harden, Into the Wild
Leslie Mann, Knocked Up

With honorable mentions to Wanda Sykes in Evan Almighty (I can't help it, I love her), Joan Allen in The Bourne Ultimatum and Taraji P. Henson in Talk to Me.

Aaron C. Thomas said...

Make sure you have Catherine Keener from Into the Wild on your list. I was enchanted.
My other favorite supporting actress performance this year has been from the AWFUL Becoming Jane: Helen McCrory, who has one scene, is the best thing in the whole mess of a film.

Anonymous said...

I can't really comment on this year's roster of supporting actresses, since I have seen very few of the films in contention.

You mention ten categories... I'm really interested: can you comment?