10.16.2007

To Dos Day

___ Item 1: GET ALL GIDDY...
...with the unrelenting thrills of Vertigo Psycho's delirious video concoction, "Hooked on a Beauty". Oogachaka! Oogachaka!

___ Item 2: PREPARE YOUR POST...
...for the upcoming Montgomery Clift Blogathon, hosted by The Film Experience. Golly, so many blogathons (there's this nifty one, too) -- so little time...

___ Item 3: SAY HEY TO STINKYLULU'S NEW "HOMIE"...
...the witty and fabulous GayProf. Though he presently lives in Midwestern Funky Town, during our delightful face to face meeting at a recent convergence of academentia, we discovered not only that we are both from the ABQ but also that we went to the same high school and that his parents now live just around the corner from me. As he notes, "small blogosphere". So now I consider GayProf one of my very own "homies" - yo, ese....

___ Item 4: THE COMEDY GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING...
...Larry Craig! See The Senator meet The Village People here. (via Joe.My.God.)

___ Item 5: TUNE IN TOMORROW...
...for more on 1940 with the fascinating, strange but somehow mostly effective Primrose Path. And sorry for the herky jerky delays of late, lovely reader. Busyness happens, yet me'hopes things're back on track, at least for the next few...

___ Item 6: DISCUSS...
...what you think will be the best Halloween costumes this year. I don't do the dress up thing much anymore but my favorite kind of costumes are the simple, high concept ensembles. You can do the high concept thing big, like when some guy wore a giant hamster costume and walked around carrying a picket sign on which he had emblazoned a picture of Richard Gere with the Universal No symbol. But I like simple high concept costumes best, like when some friends arrived all in black, their eyes smudged, with big letter "P" cutouts on their chests (they were, of course, "The Black Eyed Ps"). My best costume, perhaps ever, was when I went as Rosie O'Donnell -- it was just after the "haircut" and all I did was spike up one side of my hair; wear a big red corduroy shirt, some khaki clamdiggers, and some clunky cloggish shoes; and carry a wallet in which I had put pictures of all Ro's kids. And then I channeled Rosie all night long -- 'twas a whole 'nother kind of frightening how easily my wardrobe lent itself to the effort and how readily I could channel her. So, lovely reader, what have been your favorite high concept Halloween costumes? And what do you think should be the high concept costumes of 2008? I'm thinking Larry Craig would be easy (a suit with some toilet paper stuck to one dress loafer), and of course Britney's cooter opens a world of possibilities, but there's gotta be some even more inspired options... Do tell, in comments.

Have at it, lovelies..

2 comments:

GayProf said...

We are homies -- We currently reside in a gum-ball machine awaiting some lucky kid to retrieve us with his quarter -- Metaphorically.

Sam Brooks said...

Miranda Priestley! Even though it's kind of last year, but still fun!