So 'tseemed as a good a time as any to share some Linky Lurv. (Have fun, lovelies.)
- As prelude to this Sunday's first Supporting Actress Smackdown, be sure to check out this encounter between 2 legendary Oscarred divas: MarciaGay & LaBurstyn on O (via TVgasm). (Strange -- Lulu caught the actual broadcast & doesn't remember the encounter quite the same way; really, it seemed much more spuhrtchuhl at the time. Ah well. Memory's a funny thing. But not quite as funny as this clip...)
- For those moments when you think your career's going nowhere, consider the plight of poor Anne Sellors (See Ms. Sellors' "claim to fame" for yourself here.)
- Flashback to "the musical for the 80s": The REAL Dreamgirls.
- Lulu loves Rosie. Always will. Wonder if she'll be selling "Freak Flags"; Lulu'd fly one.
- Say hello to new Lulu friends from across da pond: MainlyMovies & The Film Lair.
- And April 28th's just around the corner! So don't forget to sign up for the extraordinary blog convergence that Nathaniel's got rolling over at The Film Experience:
Lulu'll likely be abloggin' on one of LaPfeiffer's earliest performance -- one in which she expressed a timeless sentiment long-dear to little Lulu's heart, a feeling that kept Lulu warm many a lonely adolescent night, a notion that goes something like this:
If you really want to know
What I want in a guy...
Well, I'm lookin' for a dream on a mean machine
With hell in his eyes.
I want a devil in skin tight leather,
And he's gonna be wild as the wind.
And one fine night, I'll be holdin' on tight..