Supporting Actress Sundays in April will be devoted to (drumroll please) 1958.
- 1958: Wendy Hiller in "Separate Tables", Peggy Cass in "Auntie Mame", Martha Hyer in "Some Came Running", Maureen Stapleton in "Lonelyhearts", Cara Williams in "The Defiant Ones"
A few things factored into the decision:
1. Michelle Pfeiffer was born in 1958. Seems only appropriate...
2. Maureen Stapleton's 1st (of not 2 but 3) "It's An Honor Just Being Nominated" peformances came in 1958.
3. Lu just snagged a dvd copy of the elusive Some Came Running.
4. MrStinky just loves Auntie Mame.
(And -- to you Amir UK, who actually voted against 1958 -- StinkyLulu says sorry!)
For the various aficionados of 2003, StinkyLu may offer some opinage on one or the other of Lu's favorites that year. Plus, because of StinkyLulu's predisposition to gluttony, there may be some comment on one or another great (but unnominated) Supporting Actress performances from 1958.
So, hunker down, lovely readers -- it looks like April will be a hoot.