9.09.2008

To Dos Day

___ Item 1: MEET MARTINIQUE.
The story of Martinique has provided me some of the most genuine delight and happiness I have known in this fairly grueling week. (Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, "9 Year Old Nephew," for sharing the glorious Martinique with us!)

___ Item 2: GET DOWN WITH THE GIRLS.
The reliably amazing And Your Little Blog, Too tops himself with this fabulous video mashup. If you haven't seen it, you must. If you have already seen it, I think it's time for you to see it again. Click here for the fabulous fun.

___ Item 3: WHEN THE CRITTERS & THE GREENERY ATTACK.
Things were pretty creepy in Film Club land this weekend, what with Nathaniel's hosting the Musical of the Month on Little Shop of Horrors on Saturday and Final Girl making us watch the skeery, maggoty ratness of Food of the Gods. Be sure to peruse the creepiness...if you dare!

___ Item 4: TO BE OR NOT TO BE PSEUDONYMOUS.
There's a fascinating meditation on internet anonymity over at my new favorite blog, The Broad-Guage Gossip. (Thanks, SheepDog, for the hot tip!) Of course, now that I've decided it's my favorite new blog that can only mean that, in the space of the next few weeks, the blog will (a) shut down; (b) become a viral cliche; or (c) combust in some kind of nauseating scandal. (Any bets?) But, I guess, I'm feeling especially academented these days. Perhaps that's why the musings of Professor Beirce are so resonant for me. (But, then, I'm also adoring the intermittent ravings of Totally Not Crazy...especially this little bit of truth-telling.)

___ Item 5: OF BUNNY & BANANAS.
Criticlasm has just outdone himself this week with a simply gorgeous writeup on the new production of John Guare's The House of Blue Leaves at Los Angeles' Mark Taper Forum. Even if you don't know the play, and even if you don't like the theatre, you really shouldn't miss this excellent commentary.

___ Item 6: SUNDAYS A DAY OF REST?
Indeed, shocking as it may seem -- I am giving myself a breather for this month of what should be Supporting Actress Sundays. I'm freaking out a little about the fact that I'm not doing a new year this month but I keep reminding myself that this brief respite is a simple gesture designed to help preserve my delicate sanity. Your patience and support are well appreciated. (And, not to worry, the formidable presences of Wendy and Vivien will be making themselves finally felt in the coming weeks.)
Have at it, lovelies...

3 comments:

Slayton said...

I just saw Vivien Merchant in "The Homecoming", a vicious but excellent film in the same vein as "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?", but more cryptic (if that is possible). I was really struck by the nuance of Vivien's body language in 'Alfie', so I'm tracking down more of her performances. It is a shame that her career ended so abruptly and tragically and that for most of her life she worked solely on the stage.

Criticlasm said...

Thanks very much for that. Glad you liked it.

Vertigo's Psycho said...

Thank you too, dear Stinkylu. I'm glad such an expert on actressing enjoyed my little tribute to a group of talented drama, comedy, and musical comedy queens.