7.29.2008

To Dos Day

___ Item 1: HAPPINESS IS...
Ellen Trying the "Hawaii Chair" -- a guaranteed giggle.

___ Item 2: NURTURE YOUR INNER CHILD.
Don't miss the smartness over at My Stuff and Cr*p's excellent Rugrats Blogathon. Always a fascinating topic. (And, yes, Criticlasm, I suspect Keisha Knight-Pulliam would agree
.)

___ Item 3: BEHOLD.
Infinite Hasselhoff (possibly NSFW).

___ Item 4: PASS THE PICKLE.
I love this picture.

___ Item 5: BE WARNED.
A midsummer bout of academentia is whisking me away to Denver for the weekend, so I'm expecting a minor delay in the publication of the first profile for 1966.

___ Item 6: FOLLOW THE RULES?
Alison Bechdel's ever-valuable RULES For Filmgoing has experienced something of a renaissance of late, being (re)discovered by all stripes of blogs. It's almost impossible for a moviefreak to truly follow these rules but I have always found that, if I'm feeling crabby about my movie options, or if my feelings
about a generally worshiped film feel more contrarian than usual, reflecting on Bechdel's Rules can help to clarify the source/s of my confusion. Which leads me to wonder, lovely reader, if you might have any of your own "rules" for moviegoing? If so, do spill in comments.


Have at it, lovelies...

No comments: