1.29.2008

To Dos Day

___ Item 1: CHECK OUT MY NEW HAIRDO.
That would be ME, interviewing Valentino! (via Reddish68)

___ Item 2: WISH HAPPY BLOGGING B'DAY.
Long-time StinkyPal and inaugural Smackdowner Nick (of Nick'sFlickPicks) celebrated his ten-year web-birthday this week. Wow. Happy happy, honey. Truth be told, though, just reading that birthday post made me realize how much of an über-slacker I actually am. But since Nick'sFlickPicks is undoubtedly one the most delightfully and generously intelligent souls I've yet to encounter in the real or blog world, I must give it up and bask in the accomplished glow. So, wish the dear smartypants a hearty congrats already!!!

___ Item 3: AVOID WORK...BEAUTIFULLY.
Between Scrabulous and now Scramble on Facebook, it's a wonder I ever get anything done. (I betcha Nick doesn't Scrabulous...) And then when things like this gorgeous little interview (and accompanying video!!!) arrive in my inbox? Well, I'm just lost. (Elizabeth Mitchell -- of Ida and Liz&Lisa and You Are My Flower -- is possibly my favorite singer. Ever. And now she's got singing spawn. I'm a goner...)

___ Item 4: VOTE AGAIN AND AGAIN.
Log your support for new StinkyPal RuralJuror whose been nominated for the big time: he's a 2008 Bloggie nominee as "Best Teen Blog." So smart, so witty, so young -- so yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay, RuralJuror!!! So lovely reader, go vote for RuralJuror . Vote early, vote often, vote already. (And, of course, should you have the opportunity, please do cast a ballot in a US presidential primary near you. StinkyLulu's finally -- after much waffling -- made a decision.)

___ Item 5: MARVEL AT THE COINCIDENCE.
Tom + Hillary = Scary. (via bluegum)

___ Item 6: SUPPORTING ACTRESSING '08?
Slayton (aka whip-smart) over at The Glorious Diatribe has built a handy checklist of the upcoming notable Supporting Actress turns on the 2008 horizon. Be sure to check it out! Which raises an interesting question: what actressing at the edges are YOU most looking forward to in 2008, lovely reader? Share your anticipatory love in comments.

Have at it, lovelies.

6 comments:

RJ said...

You, my friend, are tops.

Dame James said...

Rinko Kikuchi not only looks phenomenal in "Brothers Bloom" but she also plays a character named Bang Bang...I am so ready for that.

I'm also excited about J. Hud's follow up to "Dreamgirls"- whether it "Sex and the City: The Movie" or "Winged Creatures." I doubt she has another shot at Oscar this year (I heard her role in "Winged Creatures" is pretty tiny), but you never know.

Also looking good: Sandra Oh (Blindness), Miranda Richardson (The Young Victoria) and Amy Adams (Doubt or Mrs. Pettigrew Lives for a Day)

your mom said...

yes, your new hairdo is the bomb...er, was bombed...er, um...wow.

Sam Brooks said...

I'll say one that hasn't been mentioned by Mr. Whip-Smart, whose list is beyond fantastic, and go for...

Sarah Brightman in Repo!: The Genetic Opera.

Not a chance at being nominated, but, c'mon. Wouldn't that be so awesome?

Otherwise; Sandra Oh and Miranda Richardson all the way.

Oh, and Natalie Portman for My Blueberry Nights.

Slayton said...

Thanks for referencing me! <3

CLNY said...

Oh my, I loved Suzy!!

I'd like to see Sandra Oh getting any award but the real choices for Blindness are Alice Braga (if you read the book, you know what I'm talking about, so powerful) and Yoshino Kimura.