StinkyLulu on The 8 Things Meme (Squared)
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
8 THINGS ABOUT STINKYLULUAnd as per the instructions, StinkyLulu tags the following: Your Mom, Fag Yer It, Raybee, In Which Our Hero, Anna, RBurton, and Canadian Ken.
1. I have never seen* Casablanca, Gone With The Wind, Singin' in the Rain or Schindler's List; I have seen every single one of Designing Women's 163 episodes no fewer than four times. (*"Never seen" in this context means that I have never seen the entire movie, from front to back, in one screening.)
2. I was personally introduced to Diana Ross while we were both standing in a Wendy's parking lot in Providence, Rhode Island; later that day, I introduced myself to Edward Albee while we were both standing in the lobby of a Times Square porn theatre/go-go boy palace.
3. I realized I was gay while reading an article in my mother's Cosmopolitan magazine; the article was about transsexuals.
4. In 1986, I was named the first place national winner of a patriotic speech contest; at the award ceremony, they presented me with a huge fake check and a "gold record" purportedly of my speech.
5. My first sexual experience took place in The Netherlands when I was barely a teenager; my first experience with intoxicants took place that same year in Saudi Arabia.
6. While a struggling theatre dude in NYC post-college, I paid the bills by working as a phone sex operator; my two most popular personas were "Dean" and "Sheena."
7. At an event celebrating Item 4, Strom Thurmond -- the controversial Senator from South Carolina -- sought me out and offered me a job as a speech writer; at another such event, I lunched with Olivia De Haviland, Mary Lou Retton, and Shirley Temple Black.
8. If I had it to do all over again, I would return that call I got in 1991 from that assistant producer of that new MTV show about roommates and try finagle a gig on the production side of things; my biggest fantasy is to be a contributor to This American Life.